Van Alder Dog Park
|Other Link||Live Cameras|
VAN ALDER DOG PARK NOTICE TO ALL USERS
NO ATTENDANT IS ON DUTY
This is a designated dog recreation area. You will encounter dogs off-leash. Users of this park do so at their own risk. The City of Daytona Beach Shores shall not be held liable for any injury or damage caused by any dog in this park. Each dog owner is 100% legally and financially responsible for his/her dog's behavior. If your dog inflicts injury to a human being or another dog, give your name, the telephone number, and proof of vaccination to the other dog owner before leaving the area. Violation of these rules can result in fines and/or permanent loss of park privileges.
The Park is separated into two areas: Please use the designated area for your dog.
- One area for small dogs
- One area for medium/large dogs
- No choker-chain type collars on dogs while inside the dog park.
- No animals other than dogs are permitted inside the dog park.
- No dogs under six (6) months of age.
- Children under 12 must be closely supervised at all times by an adult. (It is strongly urged that young children not be brought to the dog park for their own safety. If they are, they must be close enough to hold your hand at all times.)
- No food, alcoholic beverages, strollers, bicycles, or children's toys are allowed in the park.
- No more than three (3) beings *per handler allowed (*dogs and / or small children).
- Dog waste must be cleaned by dog owners according to Chapter 4, Section 4-7, DBS Code of Ordinances
- All dogs must be legally licensed and vaccinated, AND SHALL WEAR A VISIBLE DOG LICENSE.
- Dog owners must be in park and within view and voice contact of their dogs at all times.
- Aggressive dogs are prohibited from this park and dogs exhibiting aggressive behavior must be removed from the park immediately without debate. Aggressive behavior includes and is not limited to: fighting, biting (other dogs or humans), or lack of owner to control dog.
- Dogs must be leashed when entering and leaving this park. Dog owners must have a leash in their possession at all times.
- Female dogs in heat are prohibited from the park.
- Pet owners must immediately fill any holes their dogs may dig.
- Dog owners are solely liable for injuries or damage caused by their dogs and ensuring that their dogs don't escape the fenced area.