The City of Daytona Beach Shores offers the ability to rent out portions or the entirety of the Community Center for:
- Business Organizational Functions
- Special Interest Clubs
- Other Uses
Any use must be compatible with the established functions and purpose of the facility. City of Daytona Beach Shores sponsored events and programs have a priority status over all events at the facility.
Intent & Purpose
The Shores Community Center’s intent and purpose is to accommodate a broad range of recreational, cultural and social activities for city residents, as well as to City-operated programs. Use by other groups will be permitted on a limited basis.
Available Rental Space
|1st Floor Activity Room||1,086||48 to 72 People|
|Community Room (Half Room)||1,500||88 to 100 People|
|Community Room Full||3,000||176 to 200 People|
|Meeting Rooms (Included in Community Room Rental)||104||6 to 15 People|
|Rental Space||Monday through Thursday (5 p.m. until 9 p.m.)||Friday (5 p.m. until 11 p.m.)||Saturday (8 a.m. until 11 p.m.)||Sunday (12 p.m. until 8 p.m.)||Holiday (12 p.m. until 11 p.m.)|
|1st Floor Activity Room||$50 Per Hour||$150 Per Hour||$150 Per Hour||$150 Per Hour||$150 Per Hour|
|Community Room (Half Room)||$75 Per Hour||$150 Per Hour||$175 Per Hour||$150 Per Hour||$200 Per Hour|
|Community Room Full||$150 Per Hour||$225 Per Hour||$250 Per Hour||$225 Per Hour||$250 Per Hour|
|Kitchen||$100 Deposit||$100 Deposit||$100 Deposit||$100 Deposit||$100 Deposit|
The kitchen is rentable with Full Community Room or Community Room A. There is a minimum 4-hour rental.
A notice of cancellation and request for refund must be received in writing and submitted to the Community Center Coordinator. A refund of remaining fees, if applicable, based on procedures listed in the following will be mailed to the applicant.
When written cancellation notice is received at least 30 days before the use date, a full refund of the room rental fees and additional fees will be processed minus a $20 cancellation fee.
When written cancellation notice is received less than 30 days prior to the use date, there will be no refund of room rental fees.
When Refunds Are Not Given
No refunds are given for:
- Changes in equipment orders two weeks prior to use
- Cleaning/damage deposit if facility is not left clean or damage to property has occurred
- Less than required notice
- No shows
- TULIP Insurance Program
- Unsatisfactory use of facility
- Use ends earlier than time defined in Use Permit
- What rooms are available for rent at the Shores Community Center?
- What is the process for reserving a rental space at the Shores Community Center?
- Can I have a DJ or band in The Grand Ballroom at the Shores Center for my reception or event?
- How may I decorate the Shores Community Center?
- Can I have candles at The Shores Community Center?
- Can I choose my own vendors at The Shores Community Center?
- Can I serve my own food at my event?
- Can I have alcohol at the Shores Community Center?
- How late can I stay at the Shores Community Center?
- What if we’re having a great time and stay later than our rental period?