- 8:30 a.m.
- 2nd Monday of every month
- City Council Chambers
3000 Bellemead Dr
Daytona Beach Shores, FL 32118
The major functions of the Planning and Zoning Board are as follow:
- Acquire and maintain such information and materials as are necessary to an understanding of past trends, present conditions and forces at work to cause changes in these conditions. Such information and material may include:
- Maps and photographs of man-made and natural physical features of the area concerned
- Statistics on past trends and present conditions with respect to:
- Economic base
- Environmental impact
- Land use
- Property values
- Other information as is important or likely to be important in determining the amount, direction and kind of development to be expected in the area and its various parts and necessary protection therefor.
- Recommend principles and policies for guiding action in the development and protection of Daytona Beach Shores.
- Hear requests, whether initiated by the Council or otherwise, for the creation of new zoning classifications or changes or amendments in the zoning regulations or zoning classifications, or for new or different uses in any zoning classification, and to make recommendations to the city council concerning the same.